Thursday, May 20, 2010

AT LAST~~~ It is done:::

Finally I can say my sewing room is organized. Well somewhat. It was raining really hard the other day so I couldn't get the rest of my stuff out of the trunk of the car. I score big with some cork message boards and a white shelf. But here is my before and after shot!

Here is my before....ewww!



And Here..... WHAT A MESS! How embarrassing!



And here is my AFTER! ~~**Big Sigh of relief** I got a new curtain too!! (I like the vintage look...)



Here's what I did.... I first cleared an entire corner... threw stuff away, put stuff away that didn't belong, vacuumed that area and then I set up this little sewing corner... It's still unfinished. That little pic of a sewing machine in the middle of the picture is the beginning of a silhouette project I'm currently working on... (details later) ;-)



I found these letters at Michael's for a dollar each! That's a good bargain and they are metal too... I also found the thread spool holder at a thrift shop, even though I had to dig to find it. =D



I set this message board up so that it is easier to visualize projects that i'm already working on or pieces I've made that I may want to incorporate elsewhere. It's good to have things up that will inspire you!!!! If it's in a drawer---outta sight out of mind, which is not really what you want in a craft room where you need to be constantly inspired.



I also think it's a good idea to have your work/ sewing table accessible from more than one or two sides, it really allows you to go around your work instead of turning your work (which sometimes messes it up for me)



And this side...well i'm still working on it. I just found this shelf at the Habitat for Humanity Restore (which totally rocks!!! you should see if you have one in your area...you can even haggle down a price from time to time)



I encourage you guys! Don't be discouraged! I was for a while, but I just decided to do it, and it took me a whole night and the next day to get here, but I was happy with my final result. There's still more I can do and I will do it as I go along.... My kids were happy with the outcome too. They weren't allowed in this room before b/c it was such a disaster but when I was done I said "Finally, I'm done cleaning this room" And they both ran in there and started saying "WoW MOOOOOOM!!" and they were giggling and spinning around in their new found space----HAHA it was plenty to make this mama feel accomplished!!!!



P.S. Here is an example of how awesome the H4H Restore is:::

Large table : $5
Shelf for fabric: $3
Cork Message Boards: $0.75 (I got 3!)
chair: $3

Other stuff I bought at yard sales or thrift shops:::

spool holder: $1
trunk: $5
bird cage:$1
Quilting materials: $free
curtain material: $4 (which was a little pricey, what is up with thrift stores being so pricey? Isn't everything donated to begin with?) =D


No comments:

Post a Comment